At Pamela Neel Interiors, you’ll find a fun, stress-free and collaborative approach to interior design and decorating
Our goal is to simplify and enhance every aspect of design and decorating. We use a simple six-step process, which we’ve detailed below. While it’s simple, we have found it to be extremely effective in getting our clients the results they want, within budget and with no unpleasant surprises. Scroll down to see why our clients choose to work with us, and what we bring to the table.
Our first call is about getting to know each other, understanding what your needs are, talking about any design challenges you are facing, and how we can help. We’ll share information about how we work, and what you can expect. Then, if you’re ready to move forward, we’ll go to Step 2, the Initial Consultation.
The goal of the initial in-home consultation is to exchange information. We want to learn more about you and your lifestyle. It also gives you an opportunity see if we are a good fit for you. After a walk-through of the space, we sit down together and discuss, in detail, all of the specific requirements for the project.
You can share any design challenges that need to be addressed, thoughts regarding solutions as well as your goals for the space. You may have no idea what you want to do with your space or you may have a Houzz Ideabook, Pinterest Board or stack of magazine clippings full of inspiration. Regardless, we’ll help you get there.
Once the scope of work is more clearly defined in a Letter of Agreement, we can begin to formulate our plan of action. We will create a preliminary timeline forecast and an estimated budget. This will provide you clarity so that you’re confident that we understand where you want to go and that our plan will get you there.
This is the creative process we love! Armed with client-specific information gathered from Step 2, we get to work developing a cohesive design concept tailored to you and your space. From there, we create actionable steps to achieve our desired outcome.
Depending on our agreed scope of work, you may find us working on color scheme development, measuring and space planning your room, creating CAD drawings, evaluating scale and balance, working on furniture layouts, pre-selecting furnishings, sourcing upholstery or window treatment fabrics, evaluating area rug options, reaching out to various tradespeople we may need for required work, and so on.
As we design and create, we are also building visual presentations to share with you. We are documenting the design elements in an effort to paint a picture of the intended outcome.
We may be sharing fabric or rug samples to touch and feel, presenting scaled drawings or 3D renderings of your space with ideal furniture arrangements, conceptual sketches, wood finishes and more. We go to great lengths to ensure that you are “on board” with the direction, and we want to help you visualize the end result. This is when it gets really fun, as you see the vision begin to take shape.
This is when we start realizing the vision, we are making it happen! Upon your approval and sign-off of the design, which is within the established budget, we get to work. Various elements of the design plan are being ordered, fabricated, built, shipped, inspected, etc. all in preparation for installation day. Finally, we work closely with our vendors, tradespeople, contractors and artists who will help us to implement our design plans. You get to sit back while we handle the details. We’ll keep you posted as we prepare for the big reveal.
This can be life changing and is the best phase! We love seeing your reaction when the design concepts and all the planning come to life in your space. Delivery and installation may take place on a single day or multiple days, but either way, it’s worth the wait! We’ll be there every step of the way. Furniture will be delivered and arranged, area rugs will be set, beautiful window treatments will be installed, artwork and mirrors will be hung, accessories and décor will be carefully arranged and accent pillows will settle into place. You’ll find yourself smiling and enjoying your space more, and that is why we do what we do!
WHY WORK WITH US?
- First and foremost, we love what we do. Every client and each project is so different; it never gets old! For us, witnessing a client’s design relief after a consultation or the pure joy after an installation is hard to put into words!
- We understand hiring a designer may conjure up thoughts of formality, chichi, froufrou, very high-end and quite simply out-of-reach. That’s not us! While we have designed our share of high-end spaces, today’s clients expect beautiful spaces that are also livable, functional and reflect their lifestyle.
- Let’s face it – design and decorating can be overwhelming! We want to simplify the entire process for you and make it fun and stress-free.
- We realize that working with a designer may be unfamiliar or even intimidating, and we look forward to helping you feel comfortable and better understand how it all works.
- We work with our clients from the beginning to clearly document the scope of the project. As we make selections, we are always evaluating the best use of the available funds. You will be approving all expenditures as the project moves forward.
- We don’t have a “signature style”. Each client is unique with different needs and objectives. Our job is help you achieve what you envision. If you’re not sure, we’ll help you get there.
- We believe every home deserves great functionality and design! We are happy to “phase” the work where necessary… to accommodate a wider range of budgets.
WHAT DO OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US?
- We’ve been told we are: very approachable, honest, trustworthy, talented, true experts, great listeners, a breeze to work with, responsive, efficient, friendly and professional.
- We also hear: “I’m so glad I called,” “I never felt ‘in the dark’ during the project,” “These are such great ideas,” “Thank you for being so efficient with our time,” “We love Pam’s design style and sense of practicality” and one of our favorites “Oh my gosh, I LOVE it!”
WHAT DO WE BRING TO THE TABLE?
- Professional advice. Design is more than just pretty things, and professional advice is a good investment. We want to share important principles: how color, lighting, room size, scale, and placement are interdependent and can make or break a space.
- Our team. We are dedicated to getting it right every time. Our project management experience, combined with innovative and creative problem solving skills, allows us to work quickly and efficiently. This saves you time and money.
- Collaboration. We listen and we work with you. We learn about you, your lifestyle, your objectives, your preferences. Then, we envision and create a concept and plan to get you where you need to go. Collaboration doesn’t end with the plan. We believe in getting regular client buy-in along the way. There will be client design review meetings and checkpoints throughout the project to ensure we are on track from a design, cost and timeline perspective.
- Visual Communication Tools. Design is so subjective, how will you know we are on the same page? We use visual communication tools in working with our clients so we don’t have find the right words to describe styles, colors and likes and dislikes.
- A Strategic Plan. In design, the order in which we address an element can be as important as the elements themselves. Tackling the elements in the wrong order can cause more headaches and costly mistakes down the road. We know what to tackle first!
- The Joy of Design. We tailor a design roadmap and streamline design choices specifically for you. These two activities alone generally help our clients experience the joy of design.
- Our Network of Partners. Our trusted, skilled and fairly-priced network of partners and tradespeople are available to execute the required design elements of our plans.
- Access to competitively-priced, trade showrooms and designer-worthy products that are unique enough to bring interest, color and style to our projects, and won’t break the bank!